Garsington Opera's Young Artists receive an unparalleled level of experience and support through the season and beyond.
- A role in the Garsington Opera Chorus, and many have at least one understudy or small role - a chance to rehearse and prepare as a soloist alongside world-class conductors, directors, designers and principal artists.
- One-to-one vocal coaching with Head of Music, Jonathon Swinard
- Masterclasses with leading singers
- Career development sessions with leading lights in the industry
- Performance opportunities in the Green Theatre Recitals, understudy showcase performance in London and a full run of each opera for the Garsington Opera Artistic Team
- Four awards are presented each year to outstanding young artists on the programme
Receiving the Helen Clarke Award is a great honour which provides me with timely practical support for which I am deeply grateful. An undeniable love of opera, support of young talent and an infectious community spirit make Garsington a truly unique experience.
Seán Boylan, title role cover Don Giovanni (including one performance) and chorus Don Giovanni, Helen Clarke Award 2019 winner